Someone owes me money. Will I be able to pursue them after the bankruptcy to collect what they owe me?

It depends on which state’s exemptions need to be u sed. If Arizona’s exemptions are the ones that need to be used, you will lose it if the both the claim and the target are strong enough to make it worthwhile for the trustee to pursue the claim (by settlement or lawsuit) and distribute the net sales proceeds to your creditors. Exceptions apply in Arizona for child support debt, spousal maintenance debt, and other limited situations.

10 best attorney awards logo
client champion logo
Top 10 Family Law Attorney Award
25th anniversary logo
nopath logo
best of the best award
Top 10 award

Serving Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, Tempe, Paradise Valley, Glendale, Peoria, Surprise, and the Greater Phoenix, Arizona Metropolitan Area