You've made the right decision.

(602) 788-1395

Now, make the call!

If I don’t pay my child support, what happens?

If I don’t pay my child support, what happens?

In Arizona, if someone fails to pay child support, he or she can be brought before a superior court judge or commissioner and be found in contempt. If you are found in contempt, you will, in order to avoid incarceration, normally have to pay all or a certain part of the past due child support amount (referred to as an arrearage) either immediately or at a certain point in the future. This payment requirement is often referred to in Arizona courts as a “purge amount.” However, in order to find you in contempt, the judge must first make legal findings that you (a) had the ability to pay the child support amount and (b) willfully refused to pay the child support obligation.

Contact a Phoenix Family Law Attorney

If you need help regarding your Family Law matters, contact a Phoenix
Family Law attorney today. Call Thomas Law Office, PLC at (602) 788-1395.

Mr. Thomas has been fighting hard for clients since 1996. He looks forward to fighting hard for you, too - Contact us TODAY!
  • How would you prefer to be contacted? EmailPhone
  • Disclaimer: The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

  • I have read and understand the disclaimer.

Visit Our YouTube Channel

For Informative Videos

Listen to the podcast now:

Why should i get a prenuptial agreement

Should i sign an affidavit of paternity